Mega Seed hub project
The seed production programme was undertaken by five KVKs viz. Betul, Harda, Narsinghpur, Damoh and Tikamgarh under seed hub project entitled “Creation of Seed Hubs for increasing indigenous production of pulses in India” funded by NFSM (GOI).
National innovations on climate resilient agriculture (NICRA)
This programme was launched during February 2011 by Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) with the funding from Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India. The mega project has three major objectives of strategic research, technology demonstrations and capacity building. Assessment of the impact of climate change simultaneous with formulation of adaptive strategies is the prime approach under strategic research across all sectors of agriculture, dairying and fisheries. Evolving climate resilient agricultural technologies that would increase farm production and productivity, continuous management of natural and manmade resources constitute an integral part of sustaining agriculture in the era of climate change. Three KVK's viz. Chhatarpur, Tikamgarh and Balaghat worked under four modules of NICRA – natural resource management, improving soil health, crop production and livestock – is aimed making the farmers self-reliant.
District Agro-Met Units (DAMU)
India Meteorological Department (IMD) entrusted with the task of establishing weather observing system and development of Gramin Krishi Mausam Sewain the country. IMD and ICAR signed MoU to establish District AgroMet Units (DAMU) under which DAMU being established in 7 KVKs viz. Balaghat, Rewa, Katni, Shahdol, Damoh, Singrauli and Chhatarpur. Each Agro-meteorological field units (AMFUs) utilizes the relevant output products including weather data to generate specific advisories for agricultural management for the respective districts of Agro-climatic Zones identified under the area of its jurisdiction and disseminate the same to the farming community. Such data help to study crop-weather relationship, between crop weather and pest/disease and develop region/location specific agromet predictive models.
Cluster Frontline Demonstration on Oilseed and Pulses
In this program improved varieties (under 10 years) of pulses (chickpea, lentil, pigeon-pea, moonbeam, urdbean) and oilseed (soybean, linseed, mustard) are demonstrated. The farmers are advised that produce (seed) of these crops is to be exchanged among farmers so that the horizontal spread of improved variety may be accomplished.
Protection of Plant Variety and Farmers Right Act
The Ministry of Agriculture, Govt. of India established an effective system for the protection of plant varieties, the rights of farmers and plant breeders and researchers to encourage the development of new varieties of plants. This has been considered necessary to recognize and to protect the rights of the farmers in respect of their contributions made at any time in conserving improving and making plant genetic resources available for the development of new plant varieties.The Govt. Of India enacted “the protection of plant varieties and farmers' rights (PPV & FRA) Act 2001.
The scientists at KVK level organized training and awareness programme under PPV&FRA and encourage farmers for registration of their varieties in PPV&FRA. More than 1500 farmers varieties, including cereals, oilseeds, pulses, millets, medicinal plant vegetables, fruits, etc. were identified from JNKVV and sent for registration to PPV&FRA New Delhi. Among them KVK’s has submitted 930 local varieties for registration.
Mukhya Mantri Khet Tirth Yojna
Mukhyamantri Khet Tirth Yojna was launched by Govt. of Madhya Pradesh with the objective of giving exposure to the farmers regarding good agriculture, horticulture etc. The District KVK was identified as the important mukhya mantri khet tirth. This location has been visited by the farmers of the district as well as other districts and States, These locations consisted of crop cafeteria where crop varieties were exhibited and a technology park with friendly technologies for the district. Here the fundamentals of seeing is believing has been exploited. The farmer could make his own view and implement the best thing.
Tribal Sub Plan (TSP):
- Increasing agricultural production and productivity through dissemination of appropriate resource and location specific agricultural technologies.
- Enhancement of livelihood and nutritional security of tribal communities through agro-enterprise diversification.
- Enhancement of farm profit ability among tribal communities through promotion of value addition, agri-premiership and market linkage.
- Professional and entrepreneurial empowerment of tribal communities through mobilization and organization of tribal men, women and youth into primary producer groups.
This project is being implemented by Directorate of Extension Services, JNKVV Jabalpur in the tribal dominated village clusters of districts, namely Betul, Dindori, Mandla, Balaghat, Chhindwara, Seoni, Umaria, Sahdhol and Jabalpur
The larger purpose of project is to achieve the inclusive and sustainable development of the tribal communities in the selected areas through imparting of technical know-how of improved agricultural practices to the tribal farmers, development of vocational skills among resource poor schedule tribe youth and women and ensuring availability of quality technological input material to the potential entrepreneurs and farm technology / practice adopters. The specific objectives on the programme include–
- Dissemination of appropriate resource and location specific agricultural technologies
- Agro-enterprise diversification
- promotion of value addition activities
- Mobilization and organization of tribal men, women and youth into groups
Sattelite Village Programme
ICAR ATARI Jabalpur and Directorate of Extension Services Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwa Vidyalaya, Jabalpur has initiated ‘satellite Village’ on doubling farmer income to showcase the best-best technology found suitable for doubling the farmers’ income in view the farming system and production situations. KVKs have identified one such village and prepared action plan to execute the technology and methodology. This would prove a milestone for further efforts to be done in this direction.
Nutri- Smart Village Programme: ICAR ATARI Jabalpur and Directorate of Extension Services Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwa Vidyalaya, Jabalpur has initiated ‘Nutri-smart Village’programme in total 20 ditricts covered by KVKs’. In each district one village has been selected as a nutria-smart village. The specific objectives on the programme include–
- Innovative practices to promote nutrition-sensitive agriculture and food security
- Value chain and village trade related issue
- Improving maternal and child nutrition
- Nutrition literacy
- Capacity development of women institutions/SHGs/FIGs/FPOs
Skill Development Programme:
Skill developmet programme is the flagshio scheme of ICAR implemented at KVK under supervision of Directorate of Extension Services JNKVV Jabalpur.
- Skill development attaining programmes conducted as per Qualification Packs (QPs) and model curricula in agriculture and allied areas as per ASCI framework.
- The objective of this programme is to enable a large number of Indian youth to take up agriculture related skill training that will help them in securing a better livelihood.
- During 2018-19, 16 Krishi Vigyan Kendras implemented skill training programme.
- Job roles identified by KVKs as per the skill needs of farmers, rural youth and women in their district.