Profile of Directorate of Extension Services:-
Directorate of Extension Services was started with the inception of the University in 1964. Since then, it is playing a key role in transferring the latest technologies to the farming community and the development agencies in the field of agriculture and allied subjects across the genders by addressing the existing gaps and ensuring sustainability. To implement the program, Directorate functions through the Krishi Vigyan Kendras, Communication Centre and Agricultural Technology Information Center (ATIC).
Mission & Motto
Directorate of Extension is committed to serve farmers through well - organized network covering all agro-climatic zones of the State. The channels for the transfer of technologies are dispensed to the farmers directly and through the extension agencies.
The motto of the university is to reach the unreached through extension system in Madhya Pradesh.
Role of the Directorate
Directorate is committed to ensure profitability and sustainability in agriculture and allied disciplines as the livelihood of the farmers trough transfer of technology. Role of the Directorate to fulfill its objectives are as follows:
- Administrative management and guidance to the KVKs in designing and developing the technical program of the Krishi Vigyan Kendras.
- Transfer of technologies, assessment refinement, feedbacks to the researcher and demonstrations through KVKs.
- Mentoring, Monitoring and Reviewing the activities of KVKs, Communication Center and ATIC.
- Linkage with allied Departments and Developmental Organizations.
- Capacity Building of KVK Scientists and ensuring human resource development within the system.
- Developing and evolving reporting and documentation system of the KVK for effective implementation of the programs.
- Coordination in organizing Pre-zonal and Zonal workshops of KVKs.
- Facilitation of Mobile Diagnostic Services and Farm Advisory Services like soil testing, water testing, plant clinic, covering field. agronomical crops, horticultural crops, medicinal and aromatic crops etc for which well equipped mobile van is available in the Directorate.